My little Angels not

My little Angels not
2009 Spring

blog background

Followers

Friday 25 February 2011

Altered shoe box over at TIOT

I forgot to post my shoe box. I think this week I set the bar bit to high, sorry peeps lol I love altering and I thought loads of us use shoe box to store bits and bobs, but maybe I was wrong. Well anyway I used a very tired shoebox and it turned out not to bed. I think I'm gonna give it away as a present. Once I finished it didn't know where to put it, while I was making it my next door neighbour gave me a storage of drawers full of embellishments (can you believe she gave up crafting, I would end up in a white jacket if I were to do that lol ) so after that my box have no room.
Here is my box the picture doesn't show justice
 Recipe

Shoe box lol
Paper towel
Tolet rolls
Spellbinder corner & border die cut
News paper
Black acrylic paint
Gold paint
Red&black TH ink

First I coverd my box with paper mache and glue some bits of paper on it all over the place then I let it dry for few days. Once it was dry I panted it with black paint carefully leaving the paper bits out, when my paint was dry with my finger I put some gold paint on. I cut some corners out and the other bits what I imked up and covered with gold thinly and decorated my box with it and when it was dry I put the rolls inside. Oh yeah gave some feet for my box as well. Below the close up of the corners

Here you can see the gold shimmer nicely. The truth is it is much better in real

If you like to see what my brill teamyie came up with pop over to TIOT

Thanks popping by

hugs
Ildiko

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, have a lovely weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your box idea. The corners and feet are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete